Friday 6 January 2012

Project Life 2012 | Title page.

I am so excited to be at the place where I'm sharing my PL title page! To be up and running with the project. This is my 1st year of doing the Becky Higgins PL kit. I have done two years of Digital Project life-ing and LOVED it. And then just had to have a paper kit to work with and add in bits and pieces of life. Sooo, since I live in South Africa, that meant ordering the kit via Canada and paying about just as much for the shipping as for the product. A lot of waiting for the exchange rate to be optimal. Then hearing the full kit is no longer available. Ordering the core kit from one place, the album cover from another. Still waiting for the album to arrive, but SO happy to have stuff to work with in my hands.

I decided on the Turqoise kit, and hope to work my way through most of them in years to come. Just love all the numbers and text in this kit, and since we will be starting school this year, it felt very appropriate.

I'm talking too much. Here is the cover page:

(the layout idea was inspired by the great page Mary-Ann Perry did here).

I took some photos at a previous outing but they didn't turn out wonderful. On the last day of 2011 we took a quick trip to the Botanical Gardens. The weather looked ominous, but held out. It was quiet enough to put my camera on self timer, and leave it on the ground, to have the group photo's taken. I really just took a few, and I was happy with all of them. Fervent prayer works!

Just a close-up: I did our surname and added some tiny text stickers from Cosmo Cricket. I also added a text sticker to each one of the group photo's. I'm still finding my feet with the paper scrapping again as I have scrapped mostly Digital for about three years now. It's a different approach. But this project is making me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment