Wednesday 6 March 2013

Project Life 2013 :: Week 7

This was of course Valentine's week. A bitter-sweet time in South Africa, with the news of Reeva Steenkamp's shooting and killing, and Oscar Pistorius' murder charge breaking. It all left me, like many people, very heavy hearted for all involved. I used a blank polaroid picture cut from a scrapbook paper to record this in a very simple, quiet way, and wrote on it with a white pen.
Again it was good to also record the everyday moments which fills me with gratitude.

The left hand page (click on it to enlarge): Here I recorded a bit of Permanent Marker fun we had on mugs (a Pinterest idea). Also some kid art that's been coming home (Art is a new extra-cirricular Reuben is loving), and Liam getting his first homework - exercising the letter "a". The heart paper was a freebie and so was the beige card. You can find most of the Freebies I use on my PL freebies and card ideas board on Pinterest. I know the beige card was from the blog Simple as that.


Lots of glare here, sorry, but this is just to show that this card opens up to include some stories about my youngest. I cut the heart from an old tag I had. I also didn't have an "o" for the word "Open" so I used a "C" backward and played with the "Open" concept.


The right hand page's photo's records:- silly moments; the fact that the boys were both sick with fever this week; a trip to a botanical garden; and dogwash & pool time. Ordinary stuff of life. The middle row journaling cards: First up is just a piece of vellum that I cut and wrote on. The heart photo is a little Valentine's project my 5 year old did in Woodwork class (his new Extra Cirricular). And then a card on a De-clutter day we had at church. It folds open to hold more journaling.

And there is the whole spread! Thanks for visiting!
If you'd like to find out more about Project Life as a memory keeping system, you can check out Becky's Blog. I am using her Cobalt kit this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment