Tuesday 20 August 2013

Project Life | Week 30



Hello and welcome to Week 30. A very special week for me, since it was the week of my Birthday. And I went on Women's Camp. It was actually my Birthday on Women's Camp... But first a look at the week:

With everything happening there's obviously lots of pictures (and hence an insert). I still don't feel like leaving out the everyday moments captured during a busy week to allow more space for the not-so-ordinary.

So life this week included :: Me and two friends getting together to handprint 50 dishcloths to go into the goodie bags for Women's Camp. We used an idea I saw on Pinterest and printed the circles with toiletpaper rolls. For the hearts I made a potato stamp. We enjoyed playing around with the design. :: In the middle section I added a clothing tag, a shopping list for camp, a kit card, and a bit of journaling about the week :: Then there's the everyday stuff- Liam playing on the trampoline :: And bathtime.

The right hand side has a Design A cut in half for Camp photo's (still need to add a little tag). We went to Pure Joy Guest Lodge just outside Pretoria, and had a really wonderful Bushveld stay. Great venue, great friends and awesome teaching by Liesl Mare. The Camp's theme was Freedom.

Insert turned over reveals more Camp photo's and a journaling page I made using Ali Edward's Long Journalers. I stapled the pages to stay inside the protector, instead of closing it up along the side (I cut down a big square page protector that came with my album). Bought the Journalers from Designer Digitals some time ago.

The other side of the journaling block has another Long Journaler with the story of my Birthday, which fell on the Sunday. Really a best of both worlds scenario, as I was made to feel so special by all the ladies' wishes, hugs, gifts and singing to me. The morning was spent listening to a profound testimony. And then at about 11-ish the Camp was over and my three men were there to pick me up. We went to Irene farm dairy for a buffet lunch. And then home to open my gifts. They saved theirs for last, and I loved how they managed to keep it a total surprise. Also loved hearing the boys over the phone while on Camp. The "So love this story" was a word-art freebie from Ali.


I'll be linking up at The Mom Creative again.   

1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful happy week and love how that half pocket A looks.

    ReplyDelete