Wednesday 10 April 2013

Project Life :: Week 12

Welcome to Week 12. I really like this week. And love this Project.

I like this week even if it did start with Liam being home sick on Monday. Me having to cancel everything I've arranged (ito after-school supervision) to assist a photographer with a school session (it would have been a first for me). But it was a chance for me to just feel grateful again that I do get to be there for my kids as a first priority. And to bring him breakfast in bed, and TLC. He slept most of the morning. And was fine the next day.
Cards here included a "Feeling very blah" freebie that I found here.

This side has a flap-open section at the top. I cut a little cardstock tab and wrote "Open" on it. Love that you can see both their holiday (in SA that's what we call a vacation) "tattoo's" on this photo at the Dam. The cafe photo is from our new favourite vegetable market. Those lights are made from plastic milkbottles.

The Narnia photo was downloaded from Pinterest. I mostly use Microsoft's photo editing program for digital work, like putting this image onto this card (the frame was hand drawn). Hoping to post a how-to in the near future. "Day trip" card is a patterned one from the Cobalt kit, with letters added, arrows also from the kit, and a little wordstrip from Cosmo Cricket (Tiny Text).

Opening up the flap, I included some more photo's from our Daytrip to Hartbeespoort Dam. Such a fun day. Braaiing and swimming and sitting next to the water on camping chairs. We are actually dreaming of becoming "campers". The study card is a grid card from the kit to which I applied some letter stickers. I didn't have all the letters I needed so I used the "frames" where the letters used to be as a stencil and drew them in with a pen. Like the Ombre effect.


Oh, and Ranger refers to the car, not the man :) My husband is a Project Engineer, now studying Environmental Engineering.  The dogs? Too hilarious not to include. And the park there in the corner is one of our favourite hang-outs.

If you'd like to learn more about Project Life as a memory keeping system, visit Becky's Blog.
I'll be linking this post at The Mom Creative Blog.





2 comments:

  1. HI Alida,

    Love love yours and love it extra that I have found another South African doing Project Life! And where is that very beautiful park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat, I cannot tell you how happy I am to see another SA PL'er! I thought I was the only one out here. I hopped over to your blog, and LOVE your pages & photography. The park is Delta Park in Linden, Jhb. The playground was sponsored and entrance is free.

    ReplyDelete