Monday 11 February 2013

Weekend update

This week-end we got up (fairly) early, stopped for croissants on the go, and then took a two hour drive.
We were finally taking the kids to Sun City for Reuben's Birthday treat.
I loved the Sunflower fields along the way.

I'm really not a theme park kind of girl. Give me the real ocean, or give me real and rustic, and I 'm happy. But it was a fun get-away out of Jo'burg.
We spent the day at the Wavehouse. A man-made beach (unbelievable the amount of sand that must have been brought in), complete with a "sea" and waves. The boys just loved playing in the water. Especially when it generates the big waves. It was a good day spent so far from any real beach. And it was so funny to be shaking sand out of our clothes back home in Jo'burg.


Sunday afternoon we took another walk at Emmarentia dam. Enjoying late summer.

And the late afternoon sun.


And all things real and rustic...


No comments:

Post a Comment