Friday 20 September 2013

Project Life | Week 35

Hello and welcome to week 26 August - 1 September 2013.

Yep, I only realized afterwards that the date's not in. Calm week around here. I felt like playing a bit so included an insert page ( Design E cut in half). I typed out lines of things making me happy right now, printed it on photocopy paper and then cut them up and stuck it onto a transparency.


Nice see-through effect. The inspiration for the list mostly came out of this week's photo's.  
And here's a closer look at the week: 
                       
A lot of bird activity in the garden :: Cars - only part of their growing collection :: A Market bag that I crocheted :: Welcoming warmer weather, only for it to get really cold later in the week :: The words were cut from a kit card :: The last two is of the boys playing with their Top Trump cards. My pre-schooler is rocking this game. I liked putting two photo's of nearly the same moment next to each other, one focussing on the cards, one on the fun they're having, and also just to animate the story more.
 (Word art from Ali at Designer Digitals.)

At the back of the insert I included a photo that was actually taken a month ago, but I loved the moment and it still felt current enough to include. Heart was cut from a (Cobalt) kit card and popped up on a sponge square. 

 This was one of those weeks that I only realised once the photo's were printed, how busy it looked. Lots of moving things around to try and make it work.
Here we have: Liam helping in the kitchen on a stay at home day :: Fixing their bikes :: A breakfast date for me and Theunis :: Earings bought for R15,00 (divide by about 10 for Dollar price) :: A trip to the library :: and a little T-shirt stenciling project that the boys spontaneously joined in. They love painting on their t-shirts.   

And lastly the mirror photo of me has a little arrow to say that it should be taken out and opened up. I cut the photo in two, and then stuck one bit onto a fold-open card. I trimmed the card to reveal the photo bit on the inside. Coincidentally the word art says:  "Photo's, holding together our memories". I think it was a freebie from Designer Digitals - there's plenty on their blog.

On the inside. (As a last minute strike of inspiration I just added another staple to the one already on the photo to make it a +).

I'll be linking up at The Mom Creative  next week Tuesday, and at Simple as that this Saturday.





No comments:

Post a Comment