Thursday 22 September 2011

Thankful Thought



My thankful thought actually has nothing to do with all the lovely spring blossoms around. Actually I've been battling with a stomach bug for the past few days, and no, that's not my thankful thought either. What I am thankful for- apart from my skin feeling as if I had a detox- is for the forced downtime it gave me. Being a stay at home Mom I'm supposed to have a lot of quality time with my kids. I probably have more time than many working Moms. But there's a lot of time that I'm busy with other stuff, not being present with them. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon lying on the big old leather couch with my boys. Trying to rest :).

I enjoyed Reuben being all soft and tender with me, telling me he loves me a billion times around the moon. I enjoyed all his hugs and "I love you"'s. I enjoyed Liam being silly and full of laughs and in my face. I enjoyed the knowing that they are so pleased to have me just hanging around. An audience to them. Being undistracted and available.

I'm thankful for them, who makes even a not so great day a gem in my memory. It reminded me of a quote I once saw on Ali Edward's blog, here: http://aliedwards.com/2005/01/normal-day.html#more-2485 

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth or bury my face in the pillow or stretch myself taut or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. ( Mary Jean Iron).

No comments:

Post a Comment