Wednesday 12 March 2014

PL 2013 | Week 52a

Hello and welcome to the LAST week of 2013! My viewer numbers tells me there's a few survivors out there, and to you I say thanks a million.
 
This page covers 23 - 25 December. Yes, oops, when photographing the pages I realized I never added anything in the date card. I'll probably stamp something like "Merry Christmas".
 
It was great to have my hubby home for Christmas. But we kept the festivities very low key this year. Christmas eve was a cosy family dinner. We also made time to sit with the kids and read some of their magical nativity books. "This is the star" is still my favourite.
Here I used a Christmas journaling card from Ali (digitally added the photo of us) . Not sure where the chalkboard freebie is from now. The mirror "Peace" and "25" is from a craft store. It's not clear here but I love that the kids faces are mirrored right in the corner of that photo where I added the little button.
 
Christmas day and I didn't take a lot of photo's. (The photo of the two of us was actually taken the day before). Not a traditional Christmas here as I said, but some traditions were kept: Glorified French toast for breakfast (we like the Jamie Oliver recipy, where you use  Pannetonne, mascarpone and a blueberry syrup.) Gifts were unwrapped first thing in the morning, in our PJ's. And I like having a bunch of Proteas around on Christmas Day. We celebrated the day with our Church family.
 
 The card in the top corner originally was stamped "Merry Christmas" with silver ink and a little banner, but then I liked it more when I added a printed transparency over. It is actually two different pocket filler patterns that I cut out together to make this card.
I repeated the same photo of the kids with their cars twice, just for fun.
 
The "Celebrate" was a downloaded freebie, but it came with a white background. So I digitally cut out the words (and copied it). The I made the card somewhat transparent and pasted the cut-out words onto it. I then added some Tim Holtz ribbon around the area, stapling it down in the corners. 
 
I am so looking forward to start sharing my 2014 pages. There are still about 3 pages from our last few days of 2013 left (from another trip and not yet completed). I'll share them when done.
But next up will be 2014 pages!

2 comments:

  1. Love your pages - I still have to do a lot from last year but you have now given me a sollution - why not do one Christmas page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best with catching up- my advise is to also try and keep up with the current pages, or else you are forever catching up. Oh, and have fun!

      Delete